Today the scholarly publishing community kicks off the 2018 Peer Review Week! As academic editors and indexers, the Ideas on Fire team knows how vital peer review is to knowledge production—it’s what ensures your scholarship is sound, grounded in the literature and scholarly debates, and can make a real impact in your communities and beyond. This week we join with fellow editors and indexers, publishers, journal managers, series directors, and all of your fabulous scholars who serve as peer reviewers to celebrate.
What Is Peer Review Week?
Peer Review Week is a global event celebrating the essential role that peer review plays in maintaining scientific quality. The event brings together individuals, institutions, and organizations committed to sharing the central message that good peer review, whatever shape or form it might take, is critical to scholarly communications.
Ideas on Fire Peer Review Resources
- Myths and Misconceptions About Peer Review
- How to Peer Review (without Being a Jerk)
- Why Was My Paper Rejected?
- What to Do with Reviewer Comments, part 1 (big picture)
- What to Do with Review Comments, part 2 (nitty-gritty)
- When to Hire an Editor
- Finding the Right Publisher for Your First Book
- Open Access Publishing
- Imagine Otherwise podcast ep 28: Zach McDowell on Open Access Publishing and Why Information “Wants to Be Free”
Sign up for our newsletter
Podcast episodes, articles, and offers right to your inbox to help you rock your interdisciplinary career