Happy Peer Review Week 2019! Today we kick off this annual celebration of the vital role peer reviews plays in scholarly knowledge production.
As academic editors and indexers, the Ideas on Fire team knows how vital peer review is to knowledge production—it’s what ensures your scholarship is sound, grounded in the literature and scholarly debates, and makes a real impact in your communities and beyond.
What Is Peer Review Week?
Peer Review Week is a global event celebrating the essential role that peer review plays in maintaining scientific quality.
The event brings together individuals, institutions, and organizations committed to sharing the central message that good peer review, whatever shape or form it might take, is critical to scholarly communications.
Ideas on Fire Peer Review Resources
- Myths and Misconceptions About Academic Peer Review
- How to Write a Peer Review Report (without Being a Jerk)
- Understanding Conference and Journal Article Rejection
- What to Do with Reviewer Comments: The Big Picture
- What to Do with Review Comments: The Nitty-Gritty
- Why and How to Write a Book Review
- When to Hire an Academic Editor and Indexer
- Academic Book Publishing: Choosing a Press
- Open Access Publishing and Public Scholarship
Sign up for our newsletter
Podcast episodes, articles, and offers right to your inbox to help you rock your interdisciplinary career