Ep. 12: Sarah Grey, editor + creator of Friday Night Meatballs
- Sarah Grey is a freelance writer whose work has been featured in Best Food Writing 2015, Serious Eats, Spoonful, Lucky Peach, Roads & Kingdoms, and Edible Philly, among others. She is also a professional editor who writes and trains editors for Copyediting, the American Copy Editors Society, the Editors’ Association of Canada, the Editorial Freelancers Association, and more. She writes a language column, “Word Watch,” at The Establishment and a book-review column, “The Armchair Cook,” at Spoonful. She also hosts a weekly dinner known as Friday Night Meatballs that has garnered international media coverage. Her writing can be found at Sarah Grey Writes. Sarah is also a senior copyeditor here at Ideas on Fire, who helps interdisciplinary progressive authors create awesome work.
Links to projects, people, and resources discussed:
- Sarah’s article about Friday Night Meatballs in Serious Eats
- Friday Night Meatballs
- Black Panthers Free Breakfast Program
- Grey Editing
- Why Is My Kindergartener Being Groomed For Military At School?
- Rory Fanning: Worth Fighting For
- A Social History of Jell-O Salad: The Rise and Fall of an American Icon
- 101 Changemakers: Rebels and Radicals Who Changed US History
- Opt Out: Fair Test
About Imagine Otherwise:
Imagine Otherwise is a podcast about the people and projects bridging art, activism, and academia to build better worlds. Episodes offer in-depth interviews with creators who use culture for social justice, and explore the nitty-gritty work of imagining and creating more just worlds. Check out full podcast episodes and show notes at ideasonfire.net/episodes. Imagine Otherwise is produced by Ideas on Fire, an academic editing and consulting agency helping progressive, interdisciplinary scholars write and publish awesome texts, enliven public conversations, and create more just worlds.